CAPE-Youth is committed to providing policymakers, states, and workforce development boards no-cost targeted technical assistance (TA) to increase systems capacity to support youth and young adults with disabilities (Y&YADs) in their transitions to employment and adulthood.
TA requests come in many forms, such as consultation or focused support, and range from short-term to long-term. A short-term request includes specific research and analysis on an issue or a learning event such as a webinar. A long-term request may assist an agency in coordinating efforts to build system capacity to support Y&YADs.
Examples of Previous TA Requests:
- Existing legislation related to supporting Y&YADs in their transitions
- Examples of policies that correspond to the Guideposts for Success
- The effects of COVID-19 on transition services for Y&YADs
- State graduation requirements and diploma options for students with disabilities
Career Prep & Work-Based Learning
- Implementing equal employment opportunity mandates in apprenticeship
- The costs and benefits of home modification for community living
- Expanding independent housing and wraparound services
- Facilitating interagency collaboration among vocational rehabilitation and other agencies
- Funding interagency transition teams
- Sharing outcomes and longitudinal data on students with disabilities
- Building coalitions to expand work-based learning programs
- Collaborating between historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) and Native American tribal entities and the broader workforce system
Professional Development for Service Providers
- Integrating trauma-informed care into agency operations
Any state policymaker in the legislative, executive or judicial branch can receive TA. To submit a request please email firstname.lastname@example.org.